One year after celebrating the 10th birthday of crowdsourcing, eYeka publishes the 2017 State of Crowdsourcing report, highlighting the accelerated pace of change of an industry that has entered the “Age of Ideation” and predicting evolutions of creative crowdsourcing in the coming years.
For its third consecutive edition, the report reflects the recent evolutions and current uses of creative crowdsourcing for innovation and marketing by the world’s leading brands. Beyond analyzing the overall public creative crowdsourcing activity, its users and its applications, it also provides examples of new operating models and a checklist for brands to evaluate potential creative crowdsourcing vendors.
Some of the key findings include:
- Creative crowdsourcing is becoming increasingly specialized across content crowdsourcing and ideas crowdsourcing.
- Ideas crowdsourcing represented 68% of publicly available creative crowdsourcing contests on creative crowdsourcing platforms, growing by 43% over 2015, whereas content crowdsourcing was increasingly happening behind the scenes.
- Innovation was the most frequent and fastest growing application with a 59% share of 2016 ideation contests and a 60% growth over 2015, and followed by Marketing & Communication ideas (34% share) and Design (7% share).
- FMCG brands were the most active users with a 43% share of 2016 ideation contests and an activity growth of 40% over 2015.
- Crowdsourcing operating models are running up, either more integrated, or ecosystem and platform-based.
- Emerging trends include new business applications of crowdsourcing, more diverse ideation formats and scopes, and more confidentiality management options.
François Pétavy, eYeka CEO declared: “One year after celebrating its 10th anniversary, the creative crowdsourcing industry has not only experienced fast growth and wider adoption by brands, but also an impressive expansion of its applications. As the industry reaches higher levels of maturity and enters the “Age of Ideation”, we celebrate the emergence of new operating models and look forward to yet another year of interesting developments in 2017.”
Download the report for free and join our conversation on Twitter: #CSReport2017