In August, we presented the 2012 Co-Creation Awards that aim to benchmark and reward organizations that use co-creation. Well, the organizing committee of the Co-Creation Awards has recently unveiled the list of official nominees as well as the jury that will judge them. The organizing committee has decided to accept 16 out of 26 entries and to nominate these 16 cases for the Co-Creation Awards 2012 in different categories.
The nominees for the Co-Creation Awards 2012 per category are listed below. If you want to find out more about the individual cases, click on the images, or on the links associated to each case:
- Bombardier – YouCity: an online competition inviting students to develop a vision for the future of urban mobility
- Heineken – the Ideas Brewery: co-creating sustainable packaging
- Jeppesen – Mobile FliteDeck: a paperless navigation charting tool developed with pilots
- KLM – Meet and Seat: a service that lets you find out more and potentially connect with people who will be on board your KLM flight
- Municipality of Eindhoven: co-creating an attractive and accessible public transport system for the elderly
- SNS Bank: a public design contest for the next version of SNS Mobile Banking
- Deutsche Seniorenliga: de-stigmatizing walker-frames and creating solutions and ideas to enhance the usage of walkers
- Marine Academy Plymouth: mobilizing a local community to build a new primary school
- Menzis health insurance: an online co-creation platform for people to share their personal experience with healthcare
- Unilever Closeup: sourcing consumer-rooted creative marketing ideas to instigate a behavioral change among teens for the purchase of oral care products
- Coca-Cola – Be The Change: sourcing multicultural perspectives to find a relevant tone, structure and narrative to communicate about how taking steps to try something new creates positive change for oneself and others
- Minute Maid Pulpy: creating fresh, engaging and creative content that “shows how Minute Maid PULPY resets you to fresh, in a bold and unexpected way“
- Pond’s – Love Story: collecting unique and inspiring love stories from all over the world, in which women take the lead in making romance happen to inspire the brand’s communication
- Rabobank – World Food Game: a Facebook game to learn more about cooperative entrepreneurship
- ADK – Stand For Japan: sourcing insights from foreigners about what they see as truely unique to Japanese culture, to help with the country’s cultural positioning
- UNESCO – World Press Freedom Day: co-creating a campaign about the importance of press freedom across the World
An overview of the nominated cases is available on the Co-Creation Awards website. The organizing committee also announced the final jury, which is composed by five prestigious members from the press, from business as well as academia:
- Olivia Solon, Associate Editor of Wired UK. Olivia is a writer and editor specialising in technology, science, startups and digital culture.
- Jeroen de Kempenaer, Board member of the PDMA Netherlands and Senior Consultant with The Bridge business innovators.
- Gaurav Bhalla, Author of Collaboration and Co-creation: New Platforms for Marketing and Innovation. Gaurav is an innovation, strategy, and marketing professional with global experience.
- Frank Piller, Chair professor of management and Director of the Technology & Innovation Management Group at RWTH Aachen University, Germany. He is also a founding faculty member and co-director of the MIT Smart Customization Group at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- Jaco van Zijll Langhout, Principal Consultant for Digital Transformation & Innovation at Capgemini Consulting. He is one of the founding fathers of the Co-creation Association and a co-creator of the first Co-creation Awards.
This jury which will assess, score and discuss all the nominated cases along an extensive set of criteria. The 2012 Co-Creation Award winners will be announced on the 8th of November during a live, streamed event hosted by Capgemini in the Netherlands. During the event participants from business and science will be able to network, share ideas about co-creation and be able to gain insights in the co-creation field from different perspectives. You can register via the PDMA website.
Date: 8th of November
Where: Capgemini Utrecht Netherlands
Time: 14.30 – 18.30
Click here to register
To keep up-to-date with the latest announcements and watch the awards ceremony live online, go to www.co-creationawards.com or follow the Awards’ Twitter account @CC_Awards. For other enquirires, please reach out to the Awards’ media contact at email@example.com